The Social Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A meeting place for die-hard Retrophiles.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"It's all about me!"

Go down 
+7
SusieQT
Mimi
deadpandiva
the_librarian
BygoneKnits
Ali
Kittenwithawhip
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
BygoneKnits
Admin
BygoneKnits

Number of posts : 211
Title : Bright Young Thing
Registration date : 2008-01-02

"It's all about me!" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "It's all about me!"   "It's all about me!" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 5:46 pm

Beware of knitty, though -- the patterns/articles they have can sometimes be frighteningly bizarre/trendy!

Oh, that must be the same book I mentioned -- mine's also from the '40s, with the same color scheme -- I notice the ones I pointed out on ebay were all '50s editions, and green and red, but I expect they're otherwise identical.
Back to top Go down
http://bygoneknits.blogspot.com/
lindydiva
I get my mail here.
lindydiva

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2008-01-02

PostSubject: Re: "It's all about me!"   "It's all about me!" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 6:00 pm

I seldom make the patterns (except for Fetching and one other I can't call to mind at the moment).

But that's not why I'm there. The technique articles are excellent, and the people are among the nicest I've ever encountered online.

I was thinking it was the same book, too. Very useful!

In fact, I just picked one up for someone I know through the office; she just quit smoking and wants something to keep her hands busy...she says. Beware, it can be an Addiction, Sue!
Back to top Go down
http://artdecodivaknits.blogspot.com/
the_librarian
I Really should be Working
the_librarian

Number of posts : 278
Title : the_librarian
Registration date : 2008-01-07

PostSubject: Re: "It's all about me!"   "It's all about me!" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 1:16 am

the_librarian wrote:
Hi all!

--------------------
Newsletter Announcement (free, no ads, no spam, no junk)

study We’ve been toiling away down in the retro workshops to bring you the first ever newsletter, the Retro Review. Now, being a total amateur at this, but with the shining courage of those who have gone before, I should have the newsletter to press here very shortly.

Update...I'm working on this...really I am. I've got a domain name and a brand-new set of software and am thinking about registering an ISSN. There's a few articles in the can, but I still need to do a few more. For all of those who indicated they wanted one, hang on! If you are new and didn't see the post the first time, I think it's a page or two somewhere around here. In any event, soon, I promise! It will be similar to my blog, but unique articles and information, not just recycled stuff.

See ya....
Back to top Go down
http://history.writingwithtony.com
Fancy That
Dipping a Toe in the Water
Fancy That

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-06-23

PostSubject: Re: "It's all about me!"   "It's all about me!" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 7:00 pm

Kittenwithawhip wrote:
Tell me about your specialties and your passions.

I loved reading about everyone's specialties and interests. Smile

I have a few passions. Mainly anything from the WW2 era, both American and British, with emphasis on style, homefront experiences, women's experiences, film and radio. I was raised on classic film and the love is still with me- for me, classic means it was made before 1960, and if it's classic horror, more the better. I have a love of all things vintage Halloween. I collect and listen to radio shows from WW2 and before, primarily, including news broadcasts from the war. I also have a big love for soundies. I love to cook and while I don't own any vintage cookbooks yet, I spend a lot of time looking at ration cookery books online.

(I almost the same avvy as yours, Kittenwithawhip! I love that image.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "It's all about me!"   "It's all about me!" - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"It's all about me!"
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2