A meeting place for die-hard Retrophiles.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

doll clothes and lingere

Go down 
AuthorMessage
majorwifey
Dipping a Toe in the Water
majorwifey

Number of posts : 16
Title : mamapants
Registration date : 2008-01-03

doll clothes and lingere Empty
PostSubject: doll clothes and lingere   doll clothes and lingere Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 6:12 pm

who can point me to patterns for Barbie clothes?

I also would like to make some cute nighties and aprons...
Back to top Go down
http://majorwifey.livejournal.com/
Mimi
Admin
Mimi

Number of posts : 525
Registration date : 2008-01-02

PostSubject: Re: doll clothes and lingere   doll clothes and lingere Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 6:34 pm

I've seen lots of vintage Barbie patterns on eBay...wish I could be more specific, but I always start with eBay!
Back to top Go down
BygoneKnits
Admin
BygoneKnits

Number of posts : 211
Title : Bright Young Thing

PostSubject: Re: doll clothes and lingere   doll clothes and lingere Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 7:14 pm

I never paid a ton of attention, because I'm not a Barbie Person, but one of the big pattern companies (I think Butterick, but I'm not 100% positive) did a huge line of reproduction vintage Barbie clothes patterns a few years ago...I don't know if they still have them, though. But I agree with Mimi -- e-bay is always a good starting place...and patterns galore! I never fail to find loads of things I love.
Back to top Go down
http://bygoneknits.blogspot.com/
deadpandiva
deadpandiva

Number of posts : 96

PostSubject: Re: doll clothes and lingere   doll clothes and lingere Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 7:28 pm

Vogue has some nice Barbie patterns. There is a seller on ebay that takes vintage patterns and remakes them for various sized dolls. I am always finding great patterns on ebay by independent pattern makers for my Ellowynn Wilde and Gene dolls.
Back to top Go down
BygoneKnits
Admin
BygoneKnits

PostSubject: Re: doll clothes and lingere   doll clothes and lingere Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 7:42 pm

I don't have her, but I love Gene! She has THE best wardrobe! I've never heard of Ellowynn, though -- who is she?

Recently, I saw the most adorable 1920s/30s patterns for (it seemed) Barbie or Gene-sized dolls. I almost bought it just for the heck of it. Voila:

doll clothes and lingere Vogue_20s_dollclothes_pattern
Back to top Go down
Mimi
Admin
Mimi

PostSubject: Re: doll clothes and lingere   doll clothes and lingere Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 10:07 am

I have two of the Gene dolls, but there is no way I'm going to sew clothes for them!
There is a limit to my patience these days...I admire you girls for doing it, truly!
Back to top Go down
BygoneKnits
Admin
BygoneKnits

PostSubject: Re: doll clothes and lingere   doll clothes and lingere Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 7:29 pm

I never had fashion-type dolls growing up (and still don't), but my mom used to make the most gorgeous clothes for my dolls (and a lot were hand-me-downs from my older sister.) And my Teddy Bear is very smart in a homemade Aran turtleneck sweater. (well, actually, it was meant for me when I was a wee one, but Mummy accidently put it in the washing machine. Oops. so Teddy's worn it for as long as I can remember.)
Back to top Go down
Mimi
Admin
Mimi

PostSubject: Re: doll clothes and lingere   doll clothes and lingere Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 10:56 pm

My grandmother used to knit and crochet clothes for baby dolls and Barbie.

We had a few Barbies around here, but M wasn't really impressed so we passed them on to younger family members.

Barbie isn't what she once was, I have to say...I miss the tarty 50s Barbie with the black eyeliner and the half-closed eyes!
Back to top Go down
deadpandiva
deadpandiva

Number of posts : 96

PostSubject: Re: doll clothes and lingere   doll clothes and lingere Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 4:14 pm

BygoneKnits wrote:
I don't have her, but I love Gene! She has THE best wardrobe! I've never heard of Ellowynn, though -- who is she?

Recently, I saw the most adorable 1920s/30s patterns for (it seemed) Barbie or Gene-sized dolls. I almost bought it just for the heck of it. Voila:

doll clothes and lingere Vogue_20s_dollclothes_pattern
Ellowyne is a Robert Tonner doll also. She suffers from ennui and lives on a fault line.

doll clothes and lingere TEMP%20EW
Back to top Go down
BygoneKnits
Admin
BygoneKnits

PostSubject: Re: doll clothes and lingere   doll clothes and lingere Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 4:22 pm

Mimi wrote:
My grandmother used to knit and crochet clothes for baby dolls and Barbie.

We had a few Barbies around here, but M wasn't really impressed so we passed them on to younger family members.

Barbie isn't what she once was, I have to say...I miss the tarty 50s Barbie with the black eyeliner and the half-closed eyes!

Someone on myspace recently told me she was knitting a '60s dress for Barbie...we decided that Barbie is in desperate need of a wardrobe makeover, and should go on "What Not to Wear." heehee....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: doll clothes and lingere   doll clothes and lingere Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

doll clothes and lingere
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Social Club :: Housekeeper's Corner :: Sewing, Knitting & Crocheting-
Jump to: