The Social Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A meeting place for die-hard Retrophiles.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cold Cream Woes

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ali
I Really should be Working
Ali

Number of posts : 462
Title : Proud Bad Example
Registration date : 2008-01-03

Cold Cream Woes Empty
PostSubject: Cold Cream Woes   Cold Cream Woes Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 5:02 am

I used to use this as a cleanser, years ago, but gradually moved to a different brand and a cleansing milk. I thought I'd like to give the cream a go again so I picked a jar of Pond's last week. I had wanted Noxema but you can't buy it here in the U.K. and in any case, I don't know if its still made.

Anyway, perhaps my Teflon memory fails me, but I don't remember it being so horribly greasy and difficult to remove. The stuff is at the back of the bathroom cabinet now. Not impressed.

I don't suppose anyone knows of another brand that wouldn't do double duty in a deep fryer?
Back to top Go down
http://acossylife.blogspot.com/
Miss Roulette
I Really should be Working
Miss Roulette

Number of posts : 250
Registration date : 2008-02-21

Cold Cream Woes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold Cream Woes   Cold Cream Woes Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 8:01 am

I use Boots Traditional (I've not tried the Boots Original which costs double the price for 5 times less!).

I don't find it too greasy, although it is a lot heavier than other types of cleansing cream. It is hard to remove so I usually wipe off with cotton pads and then use a hot towel to remove any excess. That gets rid of any trace and leaves my skin nice and soft.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sophistikitten.net
Helen Highwater
Dipping a Toe in the Water

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2009-08-09

Cold Cream Woes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold Cream Woes   Cold Cream Woes Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 7:16 am

I have the same problem. I was using cotton pleats and ended up with it stuck all over my face like a crap Father Christmas! So then I decided to use a warm, wet flannel, and that works fine to remove it but then the flannel ends up caked in my eyeliner and mascara. I spoke to someone I know who uses it all the time and she said she uses a cleanser to take off most of the make-up and then uses the cold cream. Thing is, I'd been using it like theatrical make-up remover, which I'd assumed cold cream was a version of. I did find though that it made my face lovely and smooth, although I wonder if that's a combination of the warm flannel and the cream, because it reminded me of the Liz Earle "Cleanse & Polish" that I used to use, which came with a free muslin flannel (because I got it free when my dad worked there...!).

And then I left my flannel in Glasgow and keep forgetting to buy a new one, so I've gone back to using boring old cleanser, toner and moisturiser, although in nice vintage-style bottles, of course.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cold Cream Woes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold Cream Woes   Cold Cream Woes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cold Cream Woes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Social Club :: Fashion & Beauty :: Health & Beauty-
Jump to: