The Social Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A meeting place for die-hard Retrophiles.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Port Halcyon

Go down 
+7
Marlowe
Dread Scott
lindydiva
SusieQT
Mimi
Lost Soul
Jumpin' Jim
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Dread Scott
I Really should be Working
Dread Scott

Number of posts : 269
Title : Rib Tickler
Registration date : 2008-10-16

Port Halcyon - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Port Halcyon   Port Halcyon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 2:04 am

SusieQT wrote:
Can you photoshop 20 pounds off of me?
I had my daughter about 6 weeks prior and it shows! Laughing

In any case, I much prefer this place to what passes for PH these days and to the FL for what the others already mentioned. I've posted there some under the handle of Sweet Leilani, but I just don't get the sense of community there that we have here. I always find myself getting sucked into the "Show me your vintage xxx" threads and that kind of "I have more vintage toys than you do" game is just not good for the scene.

Oh, SusieQT - You don't need a digital trim - you look just lovely (that's a figure-flattering dress, Li'l Missy) there, and having had a child so soon before (or ever - having children does change a body, doesn't it?) just gives plenty of justification for any more Susie there may be. I mean, are you also less-than-thrilled there about any increase in your ...uh... erm, ah... bosom as well? It's all just different parts of one dishy package.

And you can take that to the bank.

- And I'm with you on the community here, like the best of the old PH, it just seems a good fit.
Back to top Go down
SusieQT
SusieQT

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Port Halcyon   Port Halcyon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 4:30 pm

Embarassed Aren't you a sweetheart!

You know, you probably couldn't say "bosom" over on the FL....

Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.dvhaa.org
Dread Scott
Dread Scott

Number of posts : 269
Title : Rib Tickler
Registration date : 2008-10-16

PostSubject: Re: Port Halcyon   Port Halcyon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 1:57 am

SusieQT wrote:
Embarassed Aren't you a sweetheart!

You know, you probably couldn't say "bosom" over on the FL....

Laughing

HA! And also say "benders" for a woman's legs?

(and thanks you for your kind complement!)
Back to top Go down
Jumpin' Jim
Dipping a Toe in the Water
Jumpin' Jim

Number of posts : 27
Title : The keeper of the Neo-Swing Flame
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Port Halcyon   Port Halcyon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 4:27 pm

Yes, I think this is the right place for me, as well. After hearing some background information on PH from this and looking around at the current state of PH, I think I'm just nostalgic for the halcyon days of the Atomic forums. This is much cozier and a better pace now that I have too many responsibilities to spend hours at the computer each day.
Back to top Go down
lindydiva
I get my mail here.
lindydiva

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2008-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Port Halcyon   Port Halcyon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 10:04 pm

I certainly like it.

Three cheers for Mimi! cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
http://artdecodivaknits.blogspot.com/
Mimi
Admin
Mimi

Number of posts : 525

PostSubject: Re: Port Halcyon   Port Halcyon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 11:25 am

FOUR cheers for Lost Soul and Miss R for keeping the hamsters on the wheels and the decor sharp!!!
Back to top Go down
smilin_buddha_joe
Hiding in the Shadows
smilin_buddha_joe

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-10-16

PostSubject: Re: Port Halcyon   Port Halcyon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 5:35 pm

Yeah, it was a shame how PH fizzled. Dante got bogged down with work and 2 kids and didn't appear to have the energy nor the time to keep up with the site. At some point the site's code went wonky and Dante cound't find where the code went bad. I was able to fix the Cafe eventually when I got tired of waiting for him to get to it. Like I said, he was quite busy between work and family. But he did pretty much keep it running for a long time.

I had no idea that your messages were going unanswered. I wish that someone would have contacted me. My mail is always open.

As for PH being for sale that wasn't the original intention. Dante had told me he was approached by someone--I never knew exactly who--with an potential to take it over/buy it. I don't think that it ever got further than a discussion. My concentration at the time was to liquidate the physical inventory. We had a lot of retail CDs that we had invested in, and as you know the CD/DVD market has since evaporated.

But all of that is old history. What is current history is that you all were determined enough to stand together and keep the friendships running. The venue doesn't matter--the friendships and conversation do. Great job!
Back to top Go down
Mimi
Admin
Mimi

Number of posts : 525

PostSubject: Re: Port Halcyon   Port Halcyon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 6:41 pm

Thanks, Joe.

Like I said, I'm glad you dropped by and brought a little perspective to us.

I think it was Dr. Swankenstein (is that username right?) who emailed me that he was buying PH, for a LOT of money. He made the first installment, had trouble coming up with the second, and said that Dante pulled the plug.

It's all hearsay, since I never spoke to Dante myself. After so many unanswered messages about my articles, I just copied them all and saved them and posted them up on my blogs.

Water under the bridge, as you say, the important thing is keeping the gang together.
Back to top Go down
MoonMoth
Dipping a Toe in the Water

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Port Halcyon   Port Halcyon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 11:55 pm

Mimi wrote:

I think it was Dr. Swankenstein (is that username right?) who emailed me that he was buying PH, for a LOT of money.
I remember the same thing, Mimi. During the PH shutdown/fire sale period, there was a note or two from Swank forecasting bigger and better things. I just assumed that he was taking a PH ownership position, of some sort.
Back to top Go down
http://longmontian.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Port Halcyon   Port Halcyon - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Port Halcyon
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Social Club :: Membership Committee :: Welcome Wagon!-
Jump to: