The Social Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A meeting place for die-hard Retrophiles.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Shaving

Go down 
+5
Jumpin' Jim
lindydiva
Ali
Mimi
Lost Soul
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Dread Scott
I Really should be Working
Dread Scott

Number of posts : 269
Title : Rib Tickler
Registration date : 2008-10-16

Shaving - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shaving   Shaving - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 12:57 am

UPDATE: I am sold on "GEM" blades. Superior safety blades, altogether, with a long-lasting edge.

Shaving - Page 2 ShOdd1937
Back to top Go down
ortega76
Dipping a Toe in the Water
ortega76

Number of posts : 61
Title : New school guy with old school tricks.
Registration date : 2009-06-17

Shaving - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shaving   Shaving - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 10:05 pm

Ali wrote:
Mimi wrote:

Just a block away, has opened a Barber Shop. Its a lovely thing with a pole out front and fancy chairs. I take my son there for his cuts and look at girlie mags while I wait! They have Esquire and GQ on the table, but Playboy and Penthouse are in the rack on the wall!

Really? I'm surprised the PC police (or you local branch of Bible Bashers Inc.) haven't raided the joint and put a stop to it.

Playboys in the barber shop are old school and probably flies under the radar of any PC police. I used to know a few that openly violated the anti-smoking laws because there was a pool table in the back to play while you waited. What were you going to do? Call the cops? A lot of the patrons were city cops and army reservists. Stuff like that is too small to worry about.
Back to top Go down
http://www.swank76.blogspot.com
ortega76
ortega76

Shaving - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shaving   Shaving - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 11:32 pm

Back in November, I gave up the self-denial and went from weekly short haircuts to shaving with electric clippers. I just shaved it without a clipper guard. A week or so ago, I went to the next level and started shaving my head with a razor. When I shave my face, I use a triple-blade disposable with a brush and shave soap. The brush on my head seemed silly, so I tried the shave gel I had in the medicine cabinet. Easier, but still missing something. I got a decent shave but not quite as nice as I was expecting. Anyone got any tips on product?
Back to top Go down
Lost Soul
I get my mail here.
Lost Soul

Number of posts : 552
Title : Holy Prophet
Registration date : 2008-02-21

Shaving - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shaving   Shaving - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 7:48 am

In the distant past when I shaved my head with a razor I just used Noxzema foam and a Mach3. I used to get a smoother shave on my head than on my face.
Back to top Go down
http://www.proletkultgraphik.co.uk
ortega76
ortega76

Shaving - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shaving   Shaving - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 5:38 pm

Thanks, LS.

I tried some really old Barbisol under the sink today with one of those old "hot lather" can warmer doo-dads. It worked better than the gel.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Shaving - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shaving   Shaving - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shaving
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Social Club :: Gentlemen's Lounge :: Cleaning Up-
Jump to: