The Social Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A meeting place for die-hard Retrophiles.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Liquid Eyeliner

Go down 
+3
kamikat
Kittenwithawhip
Pudding
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Pudding
Dipping a Toe in the Water
Pudding

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Liquid Eyeliner Empty
PostSubject: Liquid Eyeliner   Liquid Eyeliner Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 5:54 am

Well, I made my first attempt at applying the stuff tonight. What a laugh! The first eye was completely tragic but the second was actually almost OK. Too embarrassing to post photos, though! I was clever enough to only be practicing, I wasn't on my way out for a big night or anything. And I've bought a cheapy to practice with (although it is made by Rimmel, and I think quite a good product).

I was wondering if anyone had any tips to share, to help improve my chances of success second time around?!!
Back to top Go down
Kittenwithawhip
I Really should be Working
Kittenwithawhip

Number of posts : 200
Title : Time Traveller
Registration date : 2008-01-03

Liquid Eyeliner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Liquid Eyeliner   Liquid Eyeliner Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 12:18 pm

The only way - The ONLY way - I've ever beenable to avoid looking like Princess star Trek is to use a black pencil sharpened thin first, then clean up the blobs with a q tip and apply liquid eyeliner to close the gap between eyelash and lid. Fools em every time. My problem is that I have a cowlick of lashes (can you believe it!) on my right eyelid that can't be drawn through or around, only over. Darn thing.
Back to top Go down
kamikat
kamikat

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Liquid Eyeliner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Liquid Eyeliner   Liquid Eyeliner Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 1:09 pm

I started out with a liquid that had a pen-like applicator. It gives you more control.
Back to top Go down
Femme Fatale Vintage
Femme Fatale Vintage

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Liquid Eyeliner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Liquid Eyeliner   Liquid Eyeliner Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 6:29 pm

I've been wearing liquid eyeliner for years and have tried everything. My favorite by far and what I use now is actually not "liquid" at all but pancake style like they used in the 30's. It's "Babe Cake" from Benefit (I love their Bad Gal Mascara as well). You use the bent eyeliner brush, wet it, and dip it in either the black or brown, then draw on your liner as thick or as thin as you want it. It has the best control, and looks fab and lasts all day and night!
Back to top Go down
http://stores.ebay.com/Femme-Fatale-Vintage
Ali
I Really should be Working
Ali

Number of posts : 462
Title : Proud Bad Example
Registration date : 2008-01-03

Liquid Eyeliner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Liquid Eyeliner   Liquid Eyeliner Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 5:08 am

I can't do eyeliner properly either. I find eye shadow does good double duty as a liner.
Back to top Go down
http://acossylife.blogspot.com/
Mimi
Admin
Mimi

Number of posts : 525
Registration date : 2008-01-02

Liquid Eyeliner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Liquid Eyeliner   Liquid Eyeliner Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 2:37 pm

I'm a big fan of the cake liner, as well. I use MAC.
MAC also has a great liquid, and the applicator is foo-proof-it's like a pen tip!
Back to top Go down
Delirium

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Liquid Eyeliner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Liquid Eyeliner   Liquid Eyeliner Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 5:13 pm

I use Rimmel, there may be easier applicators out there but I've used it since the year dot, when they were one of the only companies that still made the stuff. Feel I owe them a bit of loyalty for that.
I find the easiest way is to attempt to draw as close to an horizontal line as possible on my closed lid. When I open the eye it forms a good flick then. Also, the advice usually is to alway start at the inner corner, but I can only manage that on one eye. on the other I have to go outside in and it's fine. If you want a really sharp flick, lightly dragging your finger from the tip towards the outer corner of the brow works, as long as you do it really carefully.
That all works for me but then it'll vary for a different shape of eye. Twenty years and I still mess it up regularly!

The neatness (or not) of my eyeliner is a sure sign of how tired I am! Really knackered mornings end up with the Amy Winehouse effect!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Liquid Eyeliner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Liquid Eyeliner   Liquid Eyeliner Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Liquid Eyeliner
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Social Club :: Fashion & Beauty :: Hair & Makeup-
Jump to: